Sunday, April 29, 2012

My first race and then some

My very first race was the "Get Lucky" downtown Chicago with my friend Jen.  She is the one that got me to run in the first place! I was super scared to death! I ran a total of about 2 miles that day ran the rest.  I finished a 7k but I did walk most of it.  When I finished I was so proud of myself but had a new goal.  I want to run an entire 5k! So Last weekend I told Jen I want to do a mock 5k.  At mile 3 (I didnt know how far we went) she asked me if i wanted to walk, I said NOPE lets go.  Finally we were done Jen looked at me and said, "do you know how far you went".  I laughed and said "3 miles" she then looked at me and said "Dawn you just ran 4 miles in 50 minuets"  Holy cow!!! Awesome!!! I ran 3.1 miles last week and just about 3 miles today! My first official 5k is on May 28 and I can not wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment